Chartered, Certified Accountant

JR Accountancy is an independent family business that prides itself on providing a range of accounting services & tax advice to individuals and businesses from all different sectors and industries.

If you are looking for a friendly, reliable & professional accountant, then have a look at our services below to see how we can help you or your business.

Why you should appoint a chartered, certified accountant

Tax Returns

Sole Traders

Limited Company

Bookkeeping &
VAT Returns


Capital Gains


Small Business
Set Up

Self-Assessment Tax Returns

There are many different reasons why somebody might need to file a self-assessment tax return. Even if you haven't been sent a notice to file one by HMRC, you may still be required to do so.

Reasons can include being a sole trader, renting out or selling property, selling shares, receiving dividends from a company, or earning over a particular threshold in a PAYE job. You may wish to file a tax return in order to reclaim overpaid tax.
Whatever the reason, Enquire today to see if you need to file a tax return, and how JR Accountancy Services can help.

Sole Traders

If you are a sole trader, you will almost certainly need to file a tax return to HMRC. We can ensure that this is completed in good time to avoid any late penalties. And advise you when it comes to minimising and paying any tax owed.

In the near future, HMRC will be introducing 'Making Tax Digital' rules for sole traders. We can ensure a smooth transition and that you are compliant with the new rules.

If you are a sole trader, or intending to start a self-employed business, Enquire today and see how JR Accountancy Services can help you stay on top of your business' tax affairs.

Limited Company Accounts

A Limited company is its own separate legal entity. As such, it has its own responsibilities when it comes to financial reporting and taxation. We can help you navigate these responsibilities by providing your company with services such as year-end accounts submission, CT600 company tax return submission, VAT returns, CIS, Payroll and general setup and tax advice.

Whether your company has lots of employees, or if it's just you for now, Enquire today to see how JR Accountancy Services can help.

Bookkeeping & VAT Returns

With 'Making Tax Digital' having become compulsory for VAT, it is now more important than ever to ensure that your business’ financial transactions are recorded accurately. We use HMRC recognised software to ensure that your business is fully MTD compliant, and that your VAT returns are filed in a timely manner.

If your business has a turnover of at least £85,000 you may be required to submit VAT returns. Enquire today to see if this applies to you and how JR Accountancy Services can help you through the process.


Landlords, you will likely be familiar with the requirements to declare profits from your investment properties to HMRC. It is important that you realise that even if you believe that you are not earning enough from your property to pay tax, this may still need to be declared.

JR Accountancy Services can ensure that you submit your tax return to HMRC in good time, advise you of any tax payable, and help minimise the amount owed.

With new rules coming soon for 'Making Tax Digital' for Landlords, you will want to ensure that you are fully compliant. If you are a Landlord, or intending to rent out a property in the near future, Enquire today to see how we can help.

Capital Gains Tax

If you have disposed of an asset, such as shares or a property (that is not your main residence) you may be required to pay capital gains tax. The rules can be complex. And disposing of UK residential property now requires tax payable to be declared and paid within 60 days of completion.

Enquire today to check if you are required to declare anything, and how JR Accountancy Services can help you to minimise the tax owed.

Payroll & CIS

If you work in the construction industry, you may have CIS tax deducted from your pay or you may need to deduct it from your sub-contractors. If you have subcontractors work for you, we can ensure the correct submissions are made and advise on what you need to pay to HMRC.

If you work for a contractor who deducts your CIS tax, we can help you reclaim what you are owed. Whether you are a sole trader or a Ltd company.

If you have employees on the payroll, JR Accountancy Services can help you ensure that they are paid correctly, as well as help you ensure that their tax, national insurance and pension contributions are all paid in a timely manner.

Whether you are a contractor, subcontractor or an employer, Enquire today to see how JR Accountancy Services can help your business.

Small Business Set Up

Are you intending to start your own business? You will want to ensure that you are set up in a way that suits your needs, as well as in a way that is most tax efficient.

Whether you need to register as self-employed, or wish to set up a Ltd company, JR Accountancy Services can help you to get started. We can advise you on the different tax implications and help you decide what is best for your business.

Enquire today to see how we can help.

Contact Us

Please provide some information about how we could help your business.



Phone Number


Email Address


Description of Work

By pressing send you agree that we can contact you using the information provided about the requested work.


Talk to us about how we
can help your business